Join our team of passionate engineers that work on some of the most thought-provoking automated driving problems in the industry! We are motivated by a future with ZERO crashes, ZERO emissions, and ZERO congestion. In this role, the Performance Integration Team (PIT) Lead is critical for cross functional development within a complex domain of the Ultra Cruise product. The PIT Lead interacts with system engineers, software developers, and integration engineers to develop metrics, resolve issues, and deliver outstanding products to the customer. In this specific role, we are looking for someone with an enthusiasm for automated driving, experience with vehicle development, and a passion for leadership!
- Collaborate with other lead engineers to complete product sprints and demonstrations
- Resolve integration issues in a timely manner
- Establish critical metrics and test cases for the Global Autonomous Driving Center relevant to integration area
- Ability to resolve conflicting requirements between engineers and find win/win solutions
- Organizes issues, interprets strategies, and effectively communicates execution plan to team members and management
- Navigates a highly ambiguous environment with flexibility to change direction and prioritize as needed
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape (new technologies and competitive products)
- Two separate roles are under consideration:
- PIT Lead for Driver Information & Notification System, which will focus on integration activities associated with HMI, relevant ECUs, and Google Automotive Services (GAS)
- PIT Lead for Scene Fusion, which will focus on integration activities associated with mapping, localization, and perception.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related engineering degree
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience with vehicle performance, controls integration, and/or automated driving
- Ability to solve problems that are unusual and complex
- Demonstrated ability to effective lead a team or project to completion
- Experience with distributed control system feature development
- Understanding of verification and validation processes
- In-depth knowledge of serial data communications, Ethernet communication, and automotive electrical architectures
- Familiar with vehicle instrumentation and data acquisition tools
- Possess a valid driver license with the ability to operate test vehicles
- Able and willing to travel as required for vehicle development trips & collaboration
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and/or Systems Engineering
- Knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, Preliminary Hazard Analyses)
- Experience with distributed and networked real-time systems
- Hands-on experience with embedded software testing and associated tools
- Familiar with the vehicle development and validation Process
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Controls integration or calibration experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.