As a member of the GM Fairfax Global Supply Chain (GSC) team you will be responsible for managing all 3rd Party Suppliers and additional Just in Time Suppliers. You will act as a liaison between the Assembly Plant and the suppliers. This position involves a high level of initiative to make sound decisions with significant ramifications. You will frequently work independently with general guidance.
- Single point contact/liaison to coordinate all activities between third party, assembly plant, lean logistics provider, Global Purchasing and Platform
- Coordinate activity of in plant supplier liaisons.
- Monitor third party compliance to all GM Corporate audit procedures
- Ensure vehicle component vehicle system and label compliance
- Monitor third party conformance to contract
- Resolve contractual and service problems
- Represent assembly plant on new contract negotiations or modifications
- Notify third party and GM of organizational changes
- Assist with set-up of 3rd party suppliers
- Monitor API/estimation sampling
- Attend “Bidder’s Conference” and “Technical Reviews”. Lead when required
- Internal Controls compliance for 3rd Party functions
- Coordinate Product Change Request submission
- Support pilot events and model change activities
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering Launch activities for VAA suppliers
- Support Material Launch Manager regarding VAA and 3rd Party Supplier readiness
- Identify sequence rack labeling requirements
- Coordinate Sequence Rack Repairs
- Lead and assist in the development of new initiatives, scope of work, and business cases which impact the third party with Global Purchasing, Industrial Engineering, and other departments
- Assist third party in the development of an empty container return process
- Organize the plant sequencing and sub-assembly implementation process
- Assist with the identification of equipment, tooling requirements and cost
- Develop implementation timelines and utilize Master Dot process
- Coordinate commodity moves between third party suppliers
- Conduct meetings between third party, suppliers/LLP and assembly plant
- Maintain database for all commodities managed by third party and associated costs
- Ensure that GM inventory and capital investments are protected
- Monitor all invoices, correct with disbursements and Purchasing
- Analyze and validates third party supplier invoices and cost recovery claims
- Assist with quality concerns from third party suppliers
- Follow-up and coordinate problem concerns, Production Action Authorizations, Production Trial Runs, and Problem Reporting/Resolution between third party and assembly plant
- Issue PR/R and Cost Recoveries for third party non-conformance
- Ensure third party has proper safety processes and measurements in place
- Assist with the development of window receiving plans
- Assist with trailer load make up planning
- Coordinate delivery schedules to plant
- Resolve transportation issues
- Review third party compliance to GM trailer safety requirements
- Maintain 3rd Party Supplier performance tracking (safety, scrap, downtime, inventory losses)
- Share Lean Manufacturing Strategies with 3rd Party Suppliers
- Ensure 3rd Party maintains documented processes
- Document and distribute Best Practices information
- Conduct GMS audits to monitor implementation progress
- Develop and implement cost savings project
- Prior experience with a warehouse management system is preferred but not necessary
- Multi plant and/or functional experience preferred in supply chain or manufacturing assembly operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering with 3-5 years of plant floor experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.