Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and Silverado EV will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these amazing products! We offer a dynamic and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills and actively play an integral role in the development of new processes here at Factory Zero.
As a leader in GM's Human Resources Group, you will be developing training strategy, analyzing/interpreting data to identify areas for improvement, and ensuring successful implementation of high-impact learning solutions. You will lead the team and be responsible for driving our training, development, and execution for a group. You are a catalyst to our key business strategies to learning solutions ultimately leading to improved business results.
- Effectively lead team members, supplier partners and internal business partners through planning, development, and implementation of learning solutions.
- Drive the development of training solutions to impact business performance.
- Build positive relationships and work closely with respective internal partners and get results across vendor partners.
- Map out both short- and long-term strategic training objectives.
- Translate business priorities into effective learning solutions and see opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate vendor performance and improvements.
- Plan and implement the annual budget.
- Stay current on company-wide and industry standard methodologies/trends in learning solutions; communicating these back to the business as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- minimum 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing/Industrial Plant setting
- experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience leading/managing a team with Direct Reports
- Experience curating training content/curriculum
- Knowledge of GMS
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.