We believe work-life integration is critical to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and uses the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has work-life balance.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
We are influencing the transformation of future transportation with ADAS and Automated Driving! The Automated Driving Compute System Platform Verification team is passionate about definition, design, analysis, and approval of groundbreaking silicon [System on Chip (SoC) and Machine Learning Accelerator (MLA)].
Our team is looking for a passionate and experienced Safety Software Verification Engineer to support the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV)! SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. They will be responsible for safety-critical integration and verification of ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) software infrastructure for the ADAS controller. The position provides for a unique experience. It is a combination of design, development and implementation of test strategies for verification and performance measurement. This experience includes exposure to high level management as well as opportunities to work with specialists in the field of controls.
- Responsible for carrying out executing both manual and automated test scripts to verify ACPx SoC software infrastructure functionality and safety requirements of the scalable compute platform.
- Develop and update test cases as required to verify software infrastructure is functional and compliant.
- Configure benches to support specific test scenarios full integration test cycles to verify features. E.g. Power Management, Boot K PI & Performance Measurement, OTA, End Of Line Diagnostics, etc..
- Characterize and document defects including identifying steps to reproduce, linking failures to requirements, and collecting all associated test logs.
- Work cross-functionally and with Tier-1 supplier to co-ordinate and lead the defect triaging, Defect resolution and reporting.
- Plan and lead execution plan for Tier-1 integration verification and Platform verification
- Identify performance parameters and measurement automation to measure compute performance, and then presenting the trends and statistics to platform teams.
- Perform data analysis and performance trends of compute performance data and make recommendations to the Compute Platform Configuration & Deployment
- Continued learning of new automation and tools advancements/techniques to align/keep up with new technologies
- Keep abreast of the industry's best test automation development practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- Minimum of 2 years of job-related experience in safety-critical software test development, including experience with test automation and test or software architecture
- Verification Test development and automation in C++, Java, Python
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features in ADAS domain
- Experience with one or more RPA software tool (e.g., Jsystem , Robotframework, Pytest etc.)
- Knowledge of Adaptive AUTOSAR and Classic AUTOSAR
- Understanding and hands-on experience on VTestStudio, CAPL scripting
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors (Cameras, Lidars, Radars, Ultrasonic Sensors)
- DFMEA training and DFSS Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Experience with CI/CD/CT systems (Jenkins, Bitbucket)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.