Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
We are influencing the transformation of future transportation with ADAS and Automated Driving! The Automated Driving Compute System Platform Verification team is passionate about definition, design, analysis, and approval of groundbreaking silicon [System on Chip (SoC) and Machine Learning Accelerator (MLA)].
Our team is looking for a passionate and experienced Safety Software Verification Engineer to support the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV)! SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements. They will be responsible for safety-critical integration and verification of ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) software infrastructure for the ADAS controller. This individual will lead verification methodology for Active Safety Platform and work closely with Product development & architecture teams to ensure the Platform meets requirements. This experience includes exposure to high level management partnering with specialists in the field of controls.
- Perform as domain expert in all aspects of verifications process.
- Lead and define overall platform safety verification test plan, set pass/fail criteria, define infrastructure needs, report testing status to the team.
- Collaborate with the platform architecture team to trace test cases to requirements, set pass/fail criteria, and refine requirements based on test outcomes.
- Develop and define test plans across all aspects of testing including functional, fault injection, interface, and performance.
- Define, implement, and lead verification strategy and design with understanding of Compute Platform architecture.
- Collaborate with the program execution team to create an acceptance, full verification and/or Feature verification test plans
- Analyze overall verification plans at all levels for coverage gaps and create mitigations for gaps
- Collaborate with cross- functional teams and with Tier-1 suppliers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 3 years of job-related experience in software development, integration, verification, or testing
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features
- Experience with programming languages (C/C++), Automation Scripting languages (Python), operating systems (Linux or RTOS for embedded systems)
- Knowledge of Adaptive AUTOSAR and Classic AUTOSAR
- Understanding of ADAS domain, Power Management, Memory Management and Safety architecture and design
- Design/Development experience of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors (Cameras, Lidars, Radars, Ultrasonic Sensors)
- Experience with one or more RPA software tools (e.g., Jsystem , Robotframework, Pytest etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and effectively with others
- Experience with CI/CD/CT systems (Jenkins, Bitbucket)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.