Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can put a fingerprint on the future of the automotive industry! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to mentor for new employees. You can collaborate with multi-functional teams in engineering, IT, and the business.
The Platform Software Architect SDV / ADAS position involves designing the full platform software or a key technical area (embedded and Service Oriented both). This role needs good understanding of the non-functional (platform) aspects of the ADAS/SDV system architecture. In this role the architect or design engineer provides solutions to the variety of use cases such as communication/IPC/middleware, diagnostics, SW/OTA update, safety monitoring and profiles, security, network and node management and others. Understanding of Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR is important. This requires coordination with internal or external teams and in some cases, supplier interactions (e.g., Vector, ETAS).
This is a great role for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment and is looking for solving software architectural problems!
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, System Architects, Safety and HW Teams to craft and develop a platform software architecture solution that is flexible and robust for ADAS/SDV Platform .
- Provide in-depth solutions for a particular area of the platform software design.
- Act as the single point of contact for a particular area of the platform architecture, including end to end system performance responsibilities.
- Lead design and code reviews with specialists within the company, as well as industry specialists from our vendors.
- Coding in the initial phase to prove the design and handing off to an internal or external software developer for further development.
- Ensure the architecture and design meet’s the quality attributes desired from the system.
- Continuously improve the platform software architecture by supervising the performance, technology trends, alternate software architecture /design solutions and applying them.
- Communicate software architecture and design information with internal and external customer organizations, leadership teams and product engineering teams.
- Apply knowledge of Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR framework and methodology to the SOC and Microcontroller based HW architecture
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of software development, software architecture or software-related experience
- Working knowledge with C/C++ in RTOS such as QNX, VxWorks, GreenHills, Linux (safe), etc.
- Desire to understand the customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple contending priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Hands on knowledge of Adaptive AUTOSAR with QNX or Linux (safe) OS
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components (ISO 26262)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), Microservices, etc.
- Good Understanding in Jira, Bitbucket, Git Ecosystem (GES), Rational Team Concert (RTC), and Rhapsody/RSMT (Interface management).
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture and serial data communications
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors (Cameras, Lidars, Radars, Ultrasonic Sensors)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Compensation: This position may be filled with a mid-level (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $97,980)” OR “This position may be filled with a Sr. level candidate (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,756).
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.