Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road!
Many of the SDV advancements will take place with our Autonomous Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to deliver innovative features to customers. We are looking for software specialists with a strong knowledge in embedded system development in ADAS domain to join our team as a Platform Software Lead Engineer. The right individual for this role will be motivated by software development, grabbing/solving challenges and applying their experience to contribute to and deliver high quality software for future of mobility !
The Platform Software Lead Engineer is a key role in GM’s ADAS software development. The main responsibility is to develop System Requirements for ADAS by referring to GM’s standard requirements. The role will be responsible for one or more critical subsystems (e.g. Startup/Shutdown, Cyber Security, Over The Air etc.), end to end solution, coordinating with various collaborators (Tier 1 software Vendors, GM’s internal software teams and validation team). As the Platform Software Lead you will participate in content release planning, issue resolution and triage for the subsystems. The right candidate for this role will be driven and excellent at resolving problems with demonstrated strength of Behaviors like One Team, Customer Focus and Innovative Mentality.
- Understand architecture, design/performance constraints to find right approach for the software implementation.
- Lead technical discussions with diverse teams and collaborators to identify roadblocks to address them efficiently.
- Develop software content plan to achieve key functionalities (capabilities) for the ADAS ECUs to meet various program times.
- Support root cause investigations for system level issues – in vehicle and on test bench.
- Act as the main point of contact within GM for Tier 1 supplier provided software components.
- Interact with supplier to foster technical solutions, root cause key defects and lead change for new system requirements.
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Consider quality and safety critical functionality, understand electrical and computing risks that arise from working on ADAS systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering or technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Embedded/QNX/AUTOSAR (Adaptive or Classic) /ADAS Software Development experience
- Experience in handling CAN, Ethernet Communication protocol, analysis of logs
- Ability to lead triage team in resolving complex systemic issues
- Excellent programming and debugging skills with C++/Model Based development
- Experience with SCM tools such as: Jira, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, OpenGrok
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Prior experience with ADAS software
- Prior experience in Adaptive or Classic AUTOSAR
- Ability to integrate and optimize complex virtualized systems incorporating Linux/RTOS/QNX software components.
- Experience with complex systems using one or more SOC (System On Chip) devices
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.