We believe work-life integration is critical to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and uses the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has work-life balance.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
We are influencing the transformation of future transportation with ADAS and Automated Driving! The Automated Driving Compute System Platform Verification team is passionate about definition, design, analysis, and approval of groundbreaking silicon [System on Chip (SoC) and Machine Learning Accelerator (MLA)].
Our team is looking for a passionate and experienced Safety Software Verification Engineer to support the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV)! SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. They will be responsible for safety-critical integration and verification of ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) software infrastructure for the ADAS controller. The position provides for a unique experience that includes the combination of design, development of verification test cases for SDV Compute Platform software and involvement in integration of groundbreaking Active Safety features with Compute Platform. This experience includes exposure to high level management as well as opportunities to work with specialists in the field of controls.
- Verify ACPx SoC software infrastructure functionality and safety of the scalable compute platform
- Design and implement test cases to verify software infrastructure is functional and compliant to Requirements, Interfaces, Fault Injection, and Resource Usage
- Responsible for the design and development verification test cases for Adaptative AUTOSAR based and Platform infrastructure components. For example sensors, camera driver middleware, communication stack, power management components etc.
- Silicon set (machine learning accelerator, safety microcontroller, SoC) parametric evaluation and analysis
- Identify defects in software design and implementation, and assist development of anomaly correction and defect resolution
- Work cross-functionally teams for safety-critical software integration and/or verification
- Keep abreast of new technology, debugging & instrumentation tools, microprocessors, and software development processes
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of job-related experience in software development, integration, verification, or testing
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features in ADAS domain, Power Management, Memory Management and Safety architecture and design
- Experience with programming languages (C/C++, Assembly, Java), Automation Scripting languages (Python), operating systems (Unix, Linux, RTOS for embedded system)
- Knowledge of Adaptive AUTOSAR and Classic AUTOSAR
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors (Cameras, Lidars, Radars, Ultrasonic Sensors)
- Experience with one or more RPA software tools (e.g., Jsystem , Robotframework, Pytest etc.) - an advantage
- DFMEA training and DFSS Certification
- Ability to lead complex problems and propose solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Experience with CI/CD/CT systems (Jenkins, Bitbucket)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.