This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
About the role
The PLM Software Developer/Engineer is responsible for maintaining and updating existing PLM related software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or to solve a particular business problem. You will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. This role also includes the build of environments according to GM standards and working with business users and vendors to ensure all requirements are met, with a goal of deploying and maintaining the applications for Global Manufacturing Engineering. The ideal candidate will apply DevOps practices to maintain and upgrade existing systems and investigate future technologies such as Additive Manufacturing solutions in line with GMs strategic vision.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Drive the design, development, pipelines, and deployment of key PLM and CAD applications
- Communicating with product management and other teams about interfaces and dependencies
- All aspects of custom and COTS application management at an enterprise level, including client/server installations, configurations, packaging, deployment, maintenance and support
Integrate with DevOps infrastructure for continuous build, test, and deployment (CI/CD)
- Ability to assess new technologies and determine solution for enterprise implementation
Preferred Skill Set / Experience
BS in science, technology, or engineering discipline
- 7+ years of experience with administration of Siemens PLM applications and related CAD/CAM/CAE applications, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Prior additive manufacturing experience or VR/AR training solutions a plus
- DevOps experience preferred
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking
- Multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture
7+ years' experience with Siemens PLM applications
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.