Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Drive optimal portfolio planning with program teams and cross-functional stakeholders while evaluating strategies, priorities, resource utilization, product cadence, and financial objectives to deliver a 4-year software development portfolio plan.
- Lead execution of studies and framing of recommendations working with cross functional stakeholders including teams in Dealer Factory, Aftersales, and Supply Chain.
- Work in collaboration with other Planning areas including Digital Business Systems, Information Technology, Global PMO and the Business PMO.
- Lead and facilitate executive level reviews on planning activities, deliverables, status, etc.
- Provide segment-focused portfolio assessments as proof points to be used by various internal customers and stakeholders
- Identify portfolio gaps/opportunities and track horizon plan development for portfolio needs/definition
- Monitor all steps in the Portfolio Planning Cycle and escalate issues or concerns in a timely manner to ensure success in delivery
- Generate Portfolio Impact Assessments and work with Executive Leadership to determine necessary tradeoffs for new project requests
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of PPM and CBA tools
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel Tables and Pivots
- Knowledgeable in the Portfolio Planning Process
- 3+ years of Portfolio Planning Experience
- Program Management / Project Management experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.