Principal, Strategic Technology Partnerships
GM’s Strategic Technology Partnerships team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the world’s largest global technology partners across engagements within the GM portfolio, as well as analyzing, negotiating, structuring, and executing new strategic partnership opportunities globally. We apply our expertise to propel General Motors into groundbreaking areas by assessing new opportunities, supporting decision-making processes and providing thought leadership to our partners company-wide. In this role, you will synthesize partner strategy across partner, product, and ecosystem dynamics. You will need to understand and bring together a partner’s strategic priorities, GM’s product portfolio, and overall industry trends to build and execute on short, medium, and long term partnership roadmaps.
Strategic Technology Partnership Principals work within and/or lead project teams to deliver on key strategic technology initiatives that influence and set corporate strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and help drive plans for strategic partners across the GM product portfolio
- Provide a unified partner strategy and roadmap across the GM product portfolio
- Provide leadership briefings and upward reporting on cross-GM progress
- Support the prioritization of corporate strategic initiatives across the team
- Proactively identify, assess, prioritize, and champion new growth opportunities
- Lead business case development for deals, which involves identifying and interfacing with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- For a given product strategy, think across partner verticals to develop a holistic approach/strategy for a partner
- Support and/or lead partner deal execution through application of strategic, financial, negotiation, and project management skills
- Interact with and / or lead cross-functional teams of internal and external constituents to develop and complete partnership agreements
- Manage partner relationships to ensure proper execution of and accountability for deliverables
- Prepare strategic content for high profile forums, including internal leadership meetings, as well as partner facing executive level conversations
- Research industry and value chain dynamics and landscapes
To be successful, our Principals must:
- Be self-motivated, action-oriented doers unafraid to act, make decisions, and lead in ambiguous contexts
- Be creative and future-oriented in how we might leverage strategic partner relationships effectively to drive significant, long-term growth for GM and unlock innovation
- Learn quickly and think critically to understand the unique set of issues, dynamics, etc. each project involves
- Distill complex problems efficiently, anticipate issues, and evaluate possible solutions
- Leverage sharp financial acumen and computer skills to perform fundamental financial modelling and analysis
- Manage multiple, competing priorities, often within tight timing expectation
- Plan, manage and execute projects with quality and precision
- Effectively delegate, influence, and indirectly manage the work of others
- Communicate clearly and concisely both written presentations and verbally, while appropriately tailoring messaging to each audience
- MBA degree with minimum 7-9 years of experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a top tier technology business and/or a functional environment, with strong preference for strategic technology partnerships, strategy or corporate development, or consulting experience
- Demonstrated project management and cross-functional leadership experience
- Prior experience negotiating with and/or working for top tier tech companies; 3+ years of experience in such an environment
- Demonstrated deal experience developing and driving first-of-a-kind partnership constructs to closure
- Passion for building for the future of mobility
- Knowledge, strategy and views on competitive landscape within the top tier tech ecosystem a plus
Strategic Technology Partnerships embraces GM’s Work Appropriately Policy operating in a hybrid environment. The work location can either be fully remote or in Detroit, Michigan. Periodic travel to GM sites, partner meetings and events, and industry events will be required to be successful in role.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.