Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 x per year
Assists in ensuring success of departmental function leading all aspects of consignment suppliers. Leads and solves problems within the limits of general standards and practices, with some direct guidance from a General Supervisor. This position is to be the subject matter expert for Consignment Suppliers and ORM (Operational Risk Management) coordination as needed.
- Demonstrates expertise in knowledge of the processes required to perform, and ensures they are effectively performing job responsibilities applying standardized methods
- Motivates business partners through effective communication, training, coaching, development, and recognition
- Finds opportunities for improvement using tools such as layered audits
- Achieves Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, and Cost key performance indicators
- Cultivates a safety culture, and implements and carries out workplace safety rules and policies
- Models GM’s cultural behaviors and always demonstrates the highest level of integrity
- Maintains good working relationships and communicates with employees, union representatives, and management team
- Achieves quality standards by communicating goals and demonstrating resources to solve problems
- Understands and consistently administers company policies
- May completes administrative tasks and maintain departmental records and reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Lead performance and metrics of consignment facilities.
- Ensure inventory reporting accuracy with system and manual audits
- Lead all aspects of all ORM activities for assigned Consignment sites
- Conduct quarterly ORM site audits and responsible for maintaining the ORM document
- Misc. Adjustments (ORM) - Responsible for evaluating and completing misc. adjustments for all consignment sites required for daily operations
- Receiving Slip Corrections (ORM) - Responsible for evaluating and completing receiving slip corrections for all consignment sites required for daily operations
- PPOM(Parts Plant Operating Manual) review of audit items and explanations as required for support Consignment BPD(Business Plan Deployment) coordinator: update the quality data to the BPD and request countermeasures for sites that you are responsible for and are out of compliance
- Bachelor degree or Equivalent relevant experience
- Supply Chain Experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in a Warehouse
- Experience with GM systems IMS or WMS preferred
- Good Analytics
- Must be proficient to expert level in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Access
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to interact and influence cross functionally
- Ability to coordinate and deliver results
- Strong business acumen
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Ability to communicate with people in various levels within and outside of GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.