The battery cell group develops and implements innovative processes that enable robust manufacturing for battery cell assemblies. This position offers the opportunity to leverage solid manufacturing engineering experience to develop and implement new processes for the manufacturing of advanced propulsion technologies .
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with Product Engineering to ensure design supports robust ME assembly processes.
- Participate in PDT and Core technical reviews with development partners.
- Support current production execution team activities and lead future development work.
- Manage routine problem solving activities around build and assembly in the fuel cell and battery laboratories.
- Develop and maintain necessary documentation (JES/TIS, PFD, PAD’s, PFMEA)
- Develop in-house processes and tooling to improve quality and throughput
- Responsible for writing equipment specifications, procuring, qualification of equipment and installation of new ME lab equipment.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Engineering Activities
- Perform root cause analysis, develop solutions, implement corrective action plans on the floor and component suppliers
- Apply Lean Principles in production cell design and layout
- Analyze first time quality data and optimize processes using statistical tools such as Red-X, Design of Experiments or DFSS.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 1-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of equipment specification and qualification
- Strong mechanical skills
- Candidate who enjoys working on equipment – hands on
- Statistical problem solving training
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems
- Experience developing manufacturing processes
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.