This position has two key responsibilities – Robot Procurement and Allegis Time & Material Coordinator.
The Robot Procurement activity involves working closely with the Vehicle Systems’ robot leads, Fanuc project managers and GM Purchasing/buyers to ensure robot orders are placed correctly for the Body Shops (mainly) and GA (on occasion). Requirements are documented by the robot leads to the Robot Tracking Sheet (Excel workbook with formulas) and using this information, the shopping carts are entered into eSAP. Items are ordered from both contracts (pre-approved pricing) and as spot buys (supplier quotes). Robot leads may also need a shopping cart created for spare parts/crash cart items (supplier quote) not on the RTS.
The Allegis T&M coordinator works closely with the Allegis staffing specialists, suppliers and GBS Finance team. Daily responsibilities include promoting releases to projects, promoting amendments, completing worker alignment requests, and assisting engineers with changes. Spend report is updated weekly, while other reports are updated monthly on both Sharepoint and GM SupplyPower sites. This position is the final check to ensure funding is properly committed in eSAP by the finance analyst to avoid project overspend (critical) and that all information is correct.
Worker onboard requests are completed to ensure new or reclassification requests meet all experience, education and certification requirements as outlined in the Vehicle Systems CP-2 Invoicing Procedure.
Both activities require great attention to detail, good working relationships with all involved and knowing who to contact when an issue arises.
- Some Key Characteristic that are required for this position are as follows:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Use independent judgement to identify and resolve issues through data
- Ability to thrive in an environment of high ambiguity and frequent change
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- High degree of problem-solving skills & experience
- Detail oriented, focused multi-tasker
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-motivated
- Database and Software Skills required to perform this position are the following proficiency in Excel, Power Point, eSAP and Sharepoint. Knowledge of Allegis Time Keeping System would be beneficial as well.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with GM internal customers, suppliers and Allegis Partners.
- The ability to deal with a multiple due dates and tasks that are due at the same time with the ability to prioritize.
- 3+ years of experience with eSAP.
- The Candidate should have knowledge and or experience in a Manufacturing Environment, Automotive Environment would be preferred.
- Preferably past experience working as a lead in managing/implementation in a fast-paced environment where clear concise direction needs to be conveyed and followed. High level of interpersonal skills to manage, work independently and effectively with others as well as conveying the status of multiple projects at the same time.
- Bachelors in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.