About the Team
The Automated Driving, Active Safety (ADAS) Mapping Software team develops and delivers mapping software solutions using artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) techniques to support GM's automated, hands free driving solutions for North America and beyond. We tackle the many challenges of map topology, scalability, real-time performance, verification and safety. The team is part of an Agile Release Train in the SAFe© framework.
As a Product Owner specializing in AI/ML, your technical background will lend to your ability to bridge the “voice of the customer" + the vision/roadmaps, user story mapping, backlog, value proposition/lean canvas, roadmap, sprint planning/review, and iterative releases. You will lead the engineering and business community to achieve effective roadmaps and technology solution as part of the AI/ML product suite.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years developing cutting-edge enterprise applications
- Strong technical background with proficiency in software engineering and technical service delivery
- Strong experience in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong background in creating product visions and roadmaps that represent the capabilities and cadence of delivery to realize value back to the business customer(s) as well major functionality that will be delivered over time
- Proficient knowledge in aligning roadmap deliverables in relation to the portfolio to ensure planning for compliance with standard, remediation of technical debt, and to expose opportunities for application rationalization
- Advanced knowledge with developing Product(s) Architecture in terms of the non-technical business domain
- Extensive background in sequencing and timing of features that entails matching delivery to market imperatives
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in a technical discipline, or the background and experience that demonstrates a similar level of strong programming skills and practices
- Completion of SAFe© Product Owner (POPM) training
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS)
- Knowledge of vehicle architectures, serial and ethernet data communication, and hardware/software interfaces
- Experience with big data databases (e.g. Hadoop/SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with Machine/Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience with Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. HUE, Jupyter, PowerBI)
- Experience with OBDII, ISO26262 functional safety control systems
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.