Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
GM is advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design. We are developing beautiful, intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhance occupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience. Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. Are you ready to flex your teamwork muscles as you work with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business?
Our team is looking for a high-performing and passionate Product Owner who will be part of a dynamic team to build and continuously deliver app store and over-the-air (OTA) capabilities into hundreds of millions of vehicles per year. Our developers work in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members must demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion. As we expand our core software competency in our newly aligned organization, we are placing an increased value on the Product Owner responsibilities. This role is driven by a customer centric mindset and utilized design thinking to guide their decisions.
- Defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable products that meet customer needs over the product-market lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely rollout
- Verify Stories are testable and can be used to generate test objectives
- Ensure validation and testing of features occurs prior to End User Acceptance
- Ensure the technical integrity of the product is maintained and enable the solution to address program priorities (Features and Enablers), thoroughly addressing anomalies and other quality concerns
- Provide guidance and coaching to Scrum Team members
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency working in a DevOps, Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for the release of in-vehicle, mobile, web and other products/apps.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Ability to set and balance priorities efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and assignments with complete autonomy and accountability for results
- Strong partnership and teamwork skills, with demonstrated ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skill and Experience :
- Master’s degree in a related technical field
- Experience in full stack web portal development
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Experience with GIT/source code management, open-source SW development/contributor
- Experience with edge, cloud, IoT technologies, virtualization technologies, containerization/container development
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at the 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.