Responsible for providing direction, coordination, and follow-up necessary to the administration of scheduling within the plant. Supervises the GEPICS Coordinators, Engineering Change Coordinators, and Production Trial Run Coordinators.
- Maintain Inventory Orders operating plan and utilize other scheduling controls as appropriate to support plant scheduling requirements
- Coordinates the replacement orders for miss-builds and scrap units
- Maintains and monitors the corporate “vin” procedure
- Participates in weekly Order Fulfillment discussions
- Maintains “auto sequence” rules
- Batch painting
- Option leveling to improve assembly productivity
- Participates in planning of special builds and PTR's
- Controls “Vehicle Order MGO” pull ahead, line fill and lean controls
- Implements, monitors, and maintains GMS Global Manufacturing System elements
- Interfaces with marketing division for vehicle order:
- Expedite requests
- Order Changes
- Unique customer satisfaction issues
- Answers vehicle inquiries from zones, dealers, customers & employees
- Communicates and generates all parts lists for special builds (i.e. MVB Manufacturing Validation Build’s, new options, paints, model change)
- Make vehicle order changes when requested (dealer code changes, option changes)
- Develops and communicates “build to plan” initiatives
- Publishes performance
- Maintains scorecard /Business Plan Deployment charts
- Work with plant planner to manage the plant restriction table to ensure rule feasibility and implementation; analyze new requests for spacing rules with option forecasts prior to new rules being added; communicate information to order fulfillment on any rule changes
- Utilize GEPICS system vehicle order management systems for reporting and analysis; provide reporting to assist with quality containments and holds
- Assist with special order tracking, VIP orders, expedites and other specific order follow-up for requestors
- Monitor and ensure all related impacts to production systems are root caused with permanent corrective action.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- High level of analytical ability and problem solving
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required.
- Above average oral and written communication skills required
- Basic knowledge of vehicle scheduling
- Strong aptitude for system management and problem solving
- Leadership experience of system management and engineering change teams
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to Mainframe applications, GEPICS, Order Management, and Inventory Management MGO
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in plant material operations or vehicle scheduling
Education and Training
- College degree with a focus in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.