Manufacturing – Production Worker – Temporary Full Time
1st shift - 6:30am - 2:30pm
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly,
machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes the following benefits:
Paid and non-paid time off is granted after working (120) days
Paid holidays after 90 days worked
Healthcare after 90 days of active employment
GM employee pricing discount authorizations available annually.
Part-time temporary employees will be considered for full-time temporary employee positions based on length of service
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform a variety of duties, including bench, floor, or conveyor assembly work involving standardized work elements.
- Use computerized equipment and engage in activities such as machine resets and quality checks.
- Perform predictive, preventive, and reactive maintenance activities on all equipment in assigned work area.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production standards.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive vehicles and equipment.
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include hair drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.