GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. As the QRD Engineer, you will be responsible for improving customer satisfaction by leading product resolution of warranty claims and other key customer satisfaction survey results.
An essential task of the QRD Lead is to understand the customer and how their new vehicle is satisfying their expectations. This will be achieved by reviewing several sources of customer survey data (such as JD Power customer survey) and dealer warranty claim data.
We want to focus more on preventing quality issues rather than reacting to them in the field!
We believe work-life balance is essential to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and utilizes the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has good work-life balance!
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite once a month.
- Analyze warranty data, prioritize, and track issues to resolution
- Provide emerging issue visibility and issue related information from warranty and other sources to ensure decisions are driven by data
- Understand quality indicator metrics (IPTV/ Warranty spend etc.) and help improve warranty with sufficiency plan coverage
- Single-point ownership to communicate all controller quality issues to Global PMT leaders, Technical Specialists, Launch and Program teams
- Engage and support DREs, EGMs, SQ, Aftersales and Suppliers to root cause issues. To contain and help resolve Controller QRD (Quality Reliability Durability) problems.
- Report out to Engineering and Quality Executives on issues in QRD responsible area
- Focus the VMEC engineering and support organizations on top issues at controller level, system level and across families, via Controller CPIT and OIRs
- Lead lessons learned, read across and issue follow-up with technical and multi-functional teams
- Provide short, and long-term Q-R-D (Quality, Reliability, Durability) analysis from applicable internal & external sources
- Support investigations with specific DTC and PID analysis
- Ensure service information accuracy with respect to controllers
- Support PRTS tracking and definition quality
- Understand and track Customer facing/critical metrics
- Support Part return process and returned part analysis with internal and supplier teams
Required Skills / Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent. Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 2 years of post-graduation engineering experience required working with automotive electronic modules / systems; 5+ years strongly preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Equivalent Quality experience
- Software experience
- Launch exposure
- Experience with Electromechanical design
- Experience with DFMEA and lessons learned
- Experience with various warranty systems: QDAP, QIS2, AQA, SAS EG, Tracker GART etc.
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Automotive vehicle development experience and process knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve highly complex problems and lead teams to consensus when needed
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- This position requires ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Design Release experience
- Power BI and Tableau experience
- DFSS Green Belt
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.