About The Role
Our team is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager who will support the Plant Quality Manager and Shop Directors to continuously improve, define and execute all Global Quality Operations requirements. The QA Manager will also collaborate across all manufacturing disciplines to drive common and standardized manufacturing quality system requirements, procedures, metrics, and methodologies. Addressing Built-In Quality (BIQ) manufacturing requirements upfront in the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and Program Quality Readiness Reviews (PQRRs) will support all launch excellence initiatives.
In this role, the QA Manager will get the chance to interact with all departments involved in the manufacturing process by driving improvement in their quality performance and holding them accountable to follow all General Motors Global Quality Manual requirements. This role will be integral to maintaining quality standards throughout the plant and ensuring Fort Wayne Assembly continues to deliver the best products to our customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage overall Global Customer Audit (GCA) process (people, process and data)
- Support containment of suspect or nonconforming vehicles
- Coach, review and sign-off on Corrective Actions
- Attend daily Global Customer Audit (GCA) Meeting
- Run daily / weekly Global Customer Audit (GCA) charts and data analysis
- Coach and teach others to execute Global Manufacturing System (GMS) requirements
- Attend Quality Control Leads Meeting
- Drive plant’s adherence to Global Quality Requirements (GQR’s)
- Support Built-In Quality (BIQ) Meetings
- Manage Global Read Across (GRA) process
- Administer the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Develop Strategic Quality Plan (SQP)
- Drive field issues back to the plant following the Corrective Action process
- Update Level 1 and 2 Business Plan Deployment (BPD) for Quality Department
- Prepare Annual Budget forecasts for Quality Department
- Support GMS/BIQ Layered Audits, Safety Observation Tours (SOT’s), Safety Conversation Tours (SCT’s), and WPO (Workplace Organization) Audits
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience
- At least 3 years experience leading a team
- ISO 9000 or previous Quality Systems auditing experience
- Red X, Six Sigma or other Statistical Problem Solving training
- Practical Problem Solving skills
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Knowledge and proficiency reading Engineering Product Release Documents
- Ability to travel to other GM North America facilities as required
“FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the “6th” and “7th” level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.”
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.