The Quality Assurance Manager will support the Plant Quality Director to continuously improve and ensure compliance to all current and new Global Quality Operations requirements. The manager will also collaborate across all manufacturing disciplines to drive common and standardized manufacturing quality system requirements, procedures, metrics, and standard methodologies.
- Proficiency and knowledge of vehicle Manufacturing and the elements of the GM Quality System, including the GMS Built in Quality requirements.
- Proficiency and knowledge of the Quality Launch Plan and the requirements in the Global Quality Manual. Ability to coach, teach and audit elements of GM Quality Manual and GMS BIQ Principle and Elements.
- Managerial Courage to provide direct, honest, constructive feedback to Plant Staff in a considerate and professional manner.
- Support Launch of new products in the plant when applicable. Support timely responses and compliance to GRAs, single point contact for PQRSs, support management of plant spills/disruptions/holds and escalate F50 communications.
The Quality Assurance Manager is also responsible for managing the Quality Assurance Engineer and the GCA Group Leader. Respectively, their roles include ensuring compliance to torque requirements, supervising process and torque monitors, leading the internal audit process, managing the GCA auditors and leading the Fast Response process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. 3-5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably vehicle assembly manufacturing.
- Similar years of experience minimum in a quality function and experience with GMS/Global Quality Requirements/GSIP is preferred. Good written and oral communications skills required. Proficient skills in MS Office applications, such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.