Key responsibilities include:
- Support pre-launch activities including PFMEA review and Control Plan review and implementation
- Provide tools/training to manufacturing team members performing quality checks and entering defect information
- Ensure systems are in place to collect quality data, become subject matter expert in these systems and train other users and continually improve them
- Prepare supporting data and communicate status on quality objectives (FTQ, IPPM, warranty, etc.) to site leadership; cross-functionally plan and implement timely solutions to help manufacturing team achieve their goals and continually improve
- Build and cultivate relationships across multiple functions and regions, including supplier and customer support
- Work with the product team to identify and capture critical status updates for quality reviews
- Facilitate quality review meetings and integrity of presentation materials, lead scrap reduction initiatives
- Help facilitate program team Pre-PIT (Program Improvement Team) / CPIT meetings
- Provide detailed analysis on every issue to champions for resolution and actively approach new issues including warranty claims
- Support Quality Deep Dives / Sector Reviews / Quality Councils
- Travel will be required for this position; up to 10%
- Shift flexibility is required: must be available to work any shift and prepared to work an off shift up to 50% of the time
- Optional overtime will be available, and some mandatory weekend overtime will be required
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Quality, etc) OR
- Associate degree with 2+ years relevant manufacturing, engineering, or quality experience OR
- Currently enrolled in higher ed program with 2+ years relevant experience
Preferred Candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- High volume manufacturing
- Print reading and basic GD&T
- Solving complex problems by understanding root cause then working cross functionally to implement solutions
- Familiarity with Process Documents (PFMEA, Control Plans), measurement technology (including CMM, Keyence, Marposs), gaging strategies and capability requirements related to KCDS
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.