Roles & Responsibilities
*This position is located on site in Wentzville Missouri
For Chassis and Electrical / EOL IRT’s (QE Support Role):
- Support PIT/IRT. Participate in PIT & IRT Meetings.
- Filter and Support escalation of issues between PIT and IRT’s as appropriate.
For QE is functioning in Manf. IRT Co-Chair Role:
- Responsible for determining acceptance and priority of issues to be worked within the IRT
- Responsible (along with other team members) for ensuring effective resolution of issues assigned to IRT
For All Launch QE’s :
- GCA sufficiency plans for each build event beginning at IV through SORP
- Responsible for Diamond 4 (part to print-verify part iteration status, part quality) and Diamond 5 (process change-verify part/product interface) problem solving activities.
- Lead Problem Solving Activities for complex problems as directed by QLM or QEM
- Develop and maintain Product Quality Standards (CVIS documents) for commodities/processes. Ensure Product Quality Standards are captured on Assembly and Quality Operation stations JES.
- Support tracking of Diamond 5 process changes, however not responsible for process change implementation.
- Support development of Diamond 6 design solutions and evaluation plan
- Support PFMEA development, Process Control Plan implementation, and Error Proofing validation per the Quality Launch Plan main responsibility belongs to ME
- Ensure appropriate identification of KPC's and KCC's. Ensure incorporation into Production and Quality standardized work
- Communicate emerging issues for responsible components daily to the QLM.
- Participate in Wrap Up meetings with QLM
- Communicate Lessons Learned to IRT and other Plants launching same Product
- Participate in the Change Management Process for the assembly plant
- Support the PTR process and document concerns.
- Support repair, rework and containment activities for identified spills and B&H yard sweeps. Provide standardized work, PQS, and IRC methods.
- Support retrofit activities with appropriate personnel
- Participate in High Risk Supplier phone calls
- Support APQP and Supplier Readiness including PPAP (Understand and support SQE on specified commodities / understand status of assigned commodities).
- Review High Risk Supplier’s Process Control Plans, gauging/fixturing plans to ensure Quality Plan and measurement methods are consistent with vehicle build methods. As needed basis.
- Support supplier scrap disposition (SAC covers on current production). Main responsibility for Scrap disposition lies with IRT using TWO process.
- Issue Temp Work Orders as directed by the IRT (as applicable by Region)
- Participate in Manufacturing Quality Readiness Reviews (MQRR) to identify potential items that impact Quality Launch targets (Build by Objectives)
- Train SAC Team Leader/Group Leader/Current QE on new parts – PQS, Boundary samples, Part history, Build event history
Squeak & Rattle and Wind/Water IRT Co-Chair Role (starting at PPV):
- Leads Evaluation and Root Cause work on Plant built vehicles
- Drive resolution of identified issues to Responsible PIT / IRT for action
- Supports cross – plant issue resolution
- Support Plant Specific vehicle evaluations @ MPG
Implement Launch Assurance Process confirmation including the following:
- Global Customer Audit
- Launch Drive Audit
- Batch and Hold Process
- Four-year degree
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to build effective teams
- Degree in engineering or technical discipline
- 2+ Years Manufacturing experience
- 2+ Years Product Engineering experience
- Team Management experience
- Red X Technical Problem Solving Journeyman or higher certification
- Body Dimensional, GD&T, and Part Data Analysis capability
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.