Responsible for developing, testing, and creating quality solutions to reduce scrap and IPPM. Defect analysis and advanced problem solving. Working as a member of a team across multiple organizations to win with integrity.
This position is the “voice of the customer” supporting the organization’s mission to build the World’s Best Thermal Products.
Central focus to the organization regarding quality for assigned product area. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead cross functional scrap review process, identify patterns and perform root cause analysis to create and execute countermeasures to reduce scrap and IPPM
- Champion scrap and IPPM reduction through Red X, OpEx or Six Sigma problem solving strategies
- Assist with creation and upkeep of Process Documents – including Flow Diagram, PFMEA and Control Plan
- Present quality related data (Power BI) and provide organization of various countermeasures and action items to reduce IPPM and scrap through Glass Wall process
- Respond and react to Customer (VAP) quality related issues by working with manufacturing to protect the customer from additional defects
- Investigate and help create/implement countermeasures to prevent future defects from getting to customer
- Champion Fast Response process followed when Customer issues are reported
- Participate in warranty reviews, investigations and problem solving to reduce IPTV
- Act as Leader/Collaborator on PRTS issues assigned to area
- Work with SQE group when supplier issues affect manufacturing team, issue SPPS to supplier and follow issue to closure
- Assist with creation and editing of standardized work, check sheets, data collection sheets, Product Quality Standards, visual aids, containment instructions
- Perform PTRs and other change management duties as required
- Assist manufacturing as necessary with training hourly team members how to perform quality checks, fill out quality check sheets, utilize data collection systems (Metrics)
- Use plant measurement tools (CMM, scanner, Keyence, optical comparator, etc.) as necessary to check and confirm part dimensions
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s of Engineering
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.