Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop quality standards and procedures for the plant.
- Manage multiple projects with broad scope and high degree of difficulty.
- Generate unique technical solutions utilizing 7 Diamonds Process, Red X and other tools as applicable.
- Assist production in prevention of defect occurrence and recommend process changes.
- Work with Launch Team on new vehicle builds. Support IRT Co-Chairs as necessary and transition commodities into the team as launch progresses into saleable builds.
- Work with suppliers to address SPPS issued and ensure robust countermeasures.
- Work with suppliers and engineering to develop inspection standards for parts and subassemblies.
- Share Lessons Learned with Engineering to prevent repeat design or build issues.
- Review of nonconforming parts and sub-assemblies for proper initial disposition and root cause follow-up.
- Coordinate periodic system and process audits at the plant and at suppliers.
- Coordinate quality evaluation of new vehicles with engineering and production.
- Coordinate engineering change implementation.
- Evaluate employee suggestions.
- Issue technical reports and make presentations to management.
- Work Off-Shifts as required.
- Domestic and Global Travel as required.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to attain results, while balancing technical solutions with business imperatives.
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Generate technical solutions utilizing 7 Diamonds, Red X, DFMEA Tools and others as applicable.
- Must excel at problem solving – root cause, containment, robust long term solutions.
- Exercises independent judgment in managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal input from supervisor.
- Understanding of lean concepts.
- Thorough understanding and capacity to effectively operate in all areas of the plant production process.
- Effective communicator with solid oral and written presentation skills.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Familiar with 7-diamond process.
- Red X Journeyman Certification.
- Good understanding of SPC.
- Engineering Work Order (EWO)/Parts Release familiarity.
- Familiar with pulling prints, reading drawings, Vismoc, GDIS, GSIP, GQTS, PRTS, PADs, Gage Strategies.
- Supplier audit experience.
- Knowledge of PPAP requirements.
- Production Group Leader Experience.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.