Experienced leader who manages and directs a large group of employees responsible for Quality Operations, and deliverables of projects and/or programs. The Quality Manager is a member of the Plant Staff and responsible to lead and direct Quality Operations for the Plant. Exercise a substantial amount of creativity, perception, and initiative with a significant latitude for independent judgment and action. Manage a large group of hourly and salaried employees over multiple shifts and have immediate responsibility over people leaders in Quality Operations, and the execution of Plant business processes. Assure that organizational or divisional objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. Delegate responsibilities to key Area Managers to meet quality objectives. Responsible for meeting quality schedules as well as meeting departmental/plant budget. Additional responsibilities include:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day Quality Operations at the facility and coordinate activities within or across plant departments.
- Coach, trains develop and evaluate salaried teams and team members. Achieve Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environmental metrics and achieve budget goals.
- Lead through teaching GMS operating requirements and serve as GMS BIQ Principal Lead for regional GMS activities.
- Work closely with other departments within and outside of the manufacturing production team (Product Engineering, Program Quality) and maintain strong relationships with other plants and external customers.
- Participate in the selection of salaried people leaders to effectively perform operations.
- Maintain corporate and unit management control systems, budget and other information necessary to monitor performance.
- Constantly works to improve the “Workplace of Choice” environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to company policies and procedures. Comply with the terms of local and national labor agreements.
- Uphold GM’s vision, values, and cultural behaviors
- Develop new products, processes, standards, or operational plans in support of the organization's business strategies with a direct impact on business results.
- Influence others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- May include identifying problems, updating or modifying working methods that may be complex in their work area without the benefit of defined procedure.
- Promote GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Business field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 4 to 6 yrs. direct Quality experience in a multi-shift automotive manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Corporate Quality and ISO 9000 standards, policies and procedures
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong GMS Knowledge, Understanding, Skills and Experience (BIQ)
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Strong Structured Problem Solver- (RedX, Shainin, OpEx, Six Sigma or similar trained)
- Knowledgeable in GD&T, Specification Reading, and PPAP processes
- Knowledge and understanding of GSIP and Flexnet Administration
- Knowledge and understanding of Torque Process and Requirements
- Proficient with SharePoint and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Planning and organizational ability
- Action / Results Oriented
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.