This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
General Motors is looking for Human Resources (HR) and Labor Relations (LR) professionals who are excited to help lead in the HR space. As a Regional Personnel Director, you will be directly responsible for delivery of HR and LR services at our Fort Worth, Texas Customer Care & Aftersales (CCA) Parts Distribution Center. In addition, you will function as a People Leader to the Personnel Directors located at our Martinsburg, WV and Philadelphia, PA CCA Parts Distribution Centers.
Within your region, you will provide leadership and direction that supports our General Motors vision, mission, values, cultural behaviors and business objectives. You will work strategically with your direct reports and assigned functional business leaders to improve working relationships, build engagement, increase output, and attract and retain talent. You will also have responsibility for some site Safety related activities at your designated site.
This is a great role for someone who is interested in becoming an exceptional HR/LR leader and for someone who has a desire to make a lasting impact on an organization.
- Lead selection, hiring, development, performance management and compensation planning for Personnel Directors in your region
- Provide guidance on day-to-day issues to Personnel Directors in your region
- Champion projects that support key HR/LR objectives across your region
- Provide onsite HR/LR service delivery at designated home location (e.g. talent planning, performance development, compensation planning, recruiting, selection, negotiation of local agreements and contractual administration)
- Partner with the Plant Manager in driving GM culture, promoting positive employee experiences and improving employee engagement
- 5 years of experience providing HR and/or LR support to an organization
- Experience working in a union environment, negotiating, and resolving conflicts
- Organized, able to work independently, meet deadlines and thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, LR, business or a related field
- Experience in Warehouse, Manufacturing, Operation or Distribution
- Highly proficient analytical and project management skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HR applications (e.g. Workday, etc.)
We are not able to accommodate international relocation.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.