There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better, and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests and make it a priority to join in efforts that give back to our communities.
Distributed energy storage and solutions have emerged as a critical energy asset to expand renewable generation deployments, reduce energy costs, and assure the supply of electricity in response to natural disasters and cyber threats. GM’s V2X and Battery Solutions team is pursuing an Analyst who will support the growth and commercialization of GM’s residential energy solutions business. This team member’s primary responsibility will be to synthesize inputs from a variety of sources – both internal and external – into tactical action plans in the Residential Sector. Additional responsibilities will include managing the execution of pilot projects with external partners as well as supporting sales and commercialization efforts. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization in a critical role to help enable GM’s vision for a Zero Emissions future.
- Work cross-functionally and engage in field research to understand and synthesize customer needs
- Distill qualitative customer value statements into quantitative criteria
- Develop technical product requirements based on qualitative and quantitative analysis of customer priorities
- Support the development of tactical action plans to successfully design and deliver energy products
- Provide issue resolution leadership and balance competing priorities from internal stakeholders to deliver a customer-centric product
- Engage a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders to ensure world class communication and customer satisfaction
- As needed, support the conceptualization and framing of pilot projects
- As needed, support the delivery of pilot projects
- Communicate clearly with leadership to ensure awareness of progress, successes, risks, and concerns
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for customers
- Work cross-functionally and with external stakeholders as appropriate to curate efficient technologies/solutions/components for innovative product design
- Work cross functionally with product development, delivery, supply chain, sales, marketing, and quality to support project execution and launch of prototypes, and commercial products and solutions
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant product design, hardware engineering, software, sales/marketing, or business field, or equivalent experience working with engineering concepts and product development
- 1-3 years of prior professional experience required, with preference for experience working with battery and/or energy related technologies
- Proven customer-centric focus amidst competing priorities
- Strong project and budget management skills with proven track record of efficiently executing work to completion at a high level of quality
- Creative and innovative mindset with a relentless focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to learn and understand battery cell technology, energy concepts, and power systems to make technical and business recommendations to leadership
- Ability to learn and understand certifications and compliance standards that relate to stationary energy storage and residential energy systems and translate them into actionable product development activities
- Ability to learn and understand stationary residential energy product engineering standards, policies, and procedures and their implications on product requirements
- Ability to learn and understand the capability and functionality of energy management systems
- Ability to learn and understand the role, function, and interplay of different assets in a distributed energy resource system
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to effectively collaborate, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations
- Desire to work in a complex and evolving environment and to bring an innovation mindset
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Willing to travel 20-40% of the time
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.