This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
SAP Software Test Engineer ensures applications meet GM IT standards for functional, system, quality, security, performance and architecture requirements. Ability to drive intermediate level of test planning, execution and quality reporting of software applications through project engagements and sustaining software test activities. This includes the creation of manual and automated test cases and test execution plans. Organizes and executes test activities to ensure applications meet GM IT standards for quality, security, performance and architecture requirements.
- Software Test Engineer ensures applications meet GM IT standards for functional, system, quality, security, performance and architecture requirements. Ability to drive intermediate level of test planning, execution and quality reporting of software applications through project engagements and sustaining software test activities. This includes the creation of manual and automated test cases and test execution plans. Organizes and executes test activities to ensure applications meet GM IT standards for quality, security, performance and architecture requirements.
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of SAP Reporting and Analytics solutions which meet business requirements.
- Very Good Depth of the SAP Solution and ability to Execute Test Scripts between multiple Modules and Process tracks will be desired, including understanding of integration points
- Stage and Test- Provide scripted testing and validating new hardware, software and procedures for existing technologies, as well as any newly developed technologies
- Excellent Knowledge to Identify Defects on the Solution even beyond the script requirements and steps
- Knowledge to Solve and Resolve Solution Defects
- Prepare documentation and analytical reports that optimally summarize results, assumptions, and conclusions
- Ensures appropriate traceability is retained and detailed between Test Cases and Requirements.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues
- Ensures all products included in deployments and releases are appropriately covered by the test cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, work both independently and as a team, strong customer service focus
- Creative problem solving ability
- 3-5 Years' Experience in SAP
- Testing experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.