This is a Hybrid position within the Digital Business Team Technology (DBTT) Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for.
The Scrum Leader is a critical team-based servant leader who will be responsible for supporting two Agile Teams within the eCommerce line of business. The ideal candidate must possess the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader and Lean-Agile mindset. The Scrum Leader is a team facilitator and coach who is continuously engaged in challenging the norms of development to improve team performance.
- Facilitate Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective to ensure they are productive and kept within the timebox
- Coach the team to be self-managed and self-organized to improve performance in areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals and Program Increment objectives
- Helps the Product Owners in their efforts to manage the team backlog
- Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and User Stories
- Facilitates the removal of impediments and blocking issues beyond the team’s control
- Protects the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Promotes Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) quality practices and provide guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the DoD
- Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums and coordinates with other teams within the Agile Release Train to improve program effectiveness
- Works with other Scrum Leaders and stakeholders to help the team contribute towards improving the overall development Value Stream
- Facilitates preparation and readiness of PI-planning, Team Breakouts during PI-Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree
- Requires 4 plus years of experience with software development lifecycles (SDLC) and Agile software development process
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Have knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pair Programming, Automated Testing
- Comprehend and accept the commitment to deliver the product’s business value on time
- Knowledge of team backlog, user stories, tasks, burndown metrics, and velocity, etc.
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Positive relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization
- Collaborative team player that demonstrates GMs cultural behaviors
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.