We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities
We believe work-life balance is essential to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and utilizes the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has good work-life balance!
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite minimum of 1-3 times per week.
Are you interested in being a part of a team that is redefining how we interact with our vehicles today? Our Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) is reimagining our vehicle intelligence platform. This platform, Ultifi, will help enable the frequent and seamless delivery of software-defined features, apps and services to customers over the air. It offers the potential for more cloud-based services, faster software development and new opportunities to increase customer loyalty.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) Infotainment and Connectivity Integration engineer will responsible for developing and integrating new SDV features and interfaces within the Infotainment and Connectivity subsystem in GM vehicles. The engineer must have a detailed understanding of component, subsystem, vehicle, and off-board (back-office) operation for each feature/interface. They will assign tasks to other team members and assist them through completion of those tasks.
- Verify operation of Infotainment features that exist on module interfaces
- Demonstrable, hands-on knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture including Key Provisioning
- Analyze data logs such as Automotive Ethernet, MOST, CAN, and LIN, for root cause identification
- Provide feedback on requirements issues to Feature Owners/Systems Engineers to improve robustness
- Work directly with and lead suppliers to develop, test and integrate interfaces and features
- Lead workshops to root cause development issues and document appropriately to a specific module owner
- Understand system configurations and develop efficient combinations for development and test
- Develop execution plans for each integration release
- Applies guidance from internal/external customers to meet requirements
- Provide mentorship as to standard methodologies and feedback on suggested alternatives
- Stays ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience within infotainment/telematics in systems engineering, validation or release functions
- Demonstrated hands-on validation or development experience with automotive electrical interfaces –CAN, LIN, EAVB, A2B, USB, WiFi, Ethernet
- Knowledge of wireless communications protocols including WiFi, Cellular, NFC and packet data communication/SMS
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
- Detailed knowledge of cross-module infotainment features at the lowest level of function
- Ability to do hands-on work such as soldering, ECU flashing, vehicle updates, component removal/installation as needed
- Solid understanding of the vehicle development process, automotive concepts and working in vehicles
- Master’s degree in related field
- DFSS Green/Black Belt Certified
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.