Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times a week.
As we move towards our ZERO ZERO ZERO vision for the future, we are looking to add hardworking individuals to our SDV team, specifically a Program Manager!
The SDV team is seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for managing various SDV infrastructure projects. Responsibilities include the oversight for design, development and execution of the infrastructure tools and assets. Program management experience in releasing hardware/software, software development leadership, and the ability to be flexible in the daily tasks and work with a high level of independence.
- Gathering and vetting the enterprise’s infrastructure needs
- Facilitation and assisting with securing the funding for infrastructure projects.
- Sourcing internal and external supper and suppliers to complete projects.
- Innovate on existing solutions to reduce costs and improve efficiency within the enterprise. Challenge the status quo. Think out of the box.
- Domestic Travel may occur within the United States.
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of related Engineering experience
- Program management experience of electronic component development
- Strong communication skills (negotiating, influencing, etc.)
- Experience leading Agile development teams
- Knowledge of electrical, software, and mechanical engineering concepts
- 7+ years of related engineering experience
- Vehicle Spy experience
- 3rd Party Manufacturing Contracting
- Purchase Order Management
- Being dynamic and having a strong ability to handle multiple tasks at one time helps.
- Strong organizational skills, process oriented complemented with comfort going outside the box to accomplish the tasks and goals.
- Outgoing, approachable and comfortable with developing relationships with team members.
- Technically strong with extensive experience in problem solving (both technical and non-technical) complex problems situations were situations and circumstances
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.