This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
Are you looking to be a part of a hardworking, passionate team that values innovation, creativity, and speed.
There has never been a better time to work for General Motors!
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.
About the Role:
A Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Software Engineer is delivering innovative design and outstanding code with maintainable unit and integration tests. Our developers work in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
Our Senior ML Development Lead will use Machine Learning techniques to develop rapid iterative and incremental software solutions to address specific business needs and with the goal of establishing significant improvements in the predictive capabilities and overall resiliency of GM's supply chain.
The Senior ML Development Lead will be involved in all phases of the design, development and production deployment of the solution, and is expected to work closely with senior ML Scientists, application development teams, and business users across the various phases of development to deliver accurate ML solutions that are well integrated with the overall business workflow solution.
The role will include the responsibility of leading and mentoring the junior ML Software Engineers on the team, and leading the design and implementation of a robust MLOps process to manage the lifecycle of model development,
Our role will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver new systems and improvements. There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to the GM business teams and processes. ML Software engineers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our application portfolio while maintaining their continuous availability.
Applicants should have strong core coding skills and some additional technical skills and proven track record with:
- Passion for software quality, improving the design/development process, and building highly available systems
- Willingness to learn, provide appropriate guidance with modern technologies and practices, and recommend the introduction of new technology into our product
- Expertise in Predictive modeling techniques based off time series analysis with very high dimensional data sets
- Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design
- Experience with a Relational Database Management System (Postgres, SQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Modern development patterns and platforms (Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native)
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of experience solving analytical problems using machine learning and quantitative approaches
- 7+ years of Hands-on experience in core analytical tools/suites/languages such as SAS, Python, Java, R, Spark, Scala
- Strong background in Math & Statistics, ML/DL, NLP, Data Mining, Visualization and Simulation
- Experience in one or more advanced analytical methodologies such as numerical optimization, econometric modeling and forecasting, machine learning and text analytics
- Proven experience in Cloud Technologies such as Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, K8, OpenShift and more generically on HPC platforms.
- Experience with ModelOps for the creation, governance, and lifecycle management of AI/ML solutions
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think outside the box
Preferred Skill Set / Experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes and ability to understand Supply Chain use case complexity
- Ability to effectively communicate messages to IT and business partners
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Expertise in data visualization, data storytelling, data acquisition, data manipulation
- Collaborative work style with good listening and communication skills, and the ability to work closely and iteratively with business subject matter experts, and other IT teams
- Knowledge in C, C++, Java/C#, Python, R, Go, SQL, OpenGL, TF, MQTT and GraphQL.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.