Note, this position is:
This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
The Senior Compliance Analyst is part of the cross-IT enabling team within IT Business Operations functioning as an integral member of Privacy, Governance & Risk. This analyst holds responsibilities to support Privacy & Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) for both the Global IT and DBTT organizations.
- In collaboration with the IT Privacy Manager drive privacy compliance within DBTT and GMIT, assist cross functionally in the constantly globally evolving privacy space, provide guidance and review Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA).
- In collaboration with the DBTT and GMIT ILM Manager drive the ILM Program Strategy and Framework (processes, roles, standards, and metrics) implementation for DBTT and GMIT to ensure compliance with the overall requirements as well as enable the various organizations in achieving their ILM goals.
- IT Privacy
- Conduct PIA reviews, PI project guidance
- Deliver privacy training to IT New College Hires
- Drive and escalate as needed to assure that all systems in ASMS have an approved PIA
- Assure quality of the “PI” related flags in the ASMS, resolve discrepancies
- Follow up on PIAs that have not been resubmitted and bring them to closure (e.g., resubmission or deletion)
- Resolve data quality issues in the ePIA
- Assist with regulatory compliance e.g.: GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, China, GLBA
- Run and support privacy data analytics
- Information Management Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- Reporting and metrics technical support.
- Analyze how we could utilize PRISM.
- Assist with planning, training and rollout of the GM Legal Technology Requirements across DBTT and Global IT
- Perform testing of the GM Legal 2023 corporate ILM Training course
- Engage in ILM supporting the GM Legal / ILM PMO where needed
- Assist with the ILM Program Annual Deliverables where needed
- Assist with ILM initiatives across DBTT/Global IT where needed
- Collaborating cross functionally across DBTT and Global IT on ILM may be necessary
- Attend the DBTT/Global IT ILM coordinator network meetings
Business Continuity Planning
- Assist in the completion of the corporate Program annual Business Continuity Planning “Testing and Maintenance” tasks (e.g., perform semi-annual ACL reviews, monitor BCP groups for organizational change impact)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, or 4 years relevant equivalent experience (e.g., Information Assurance)
- 3+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on information protection, compliance with regulations, information lifecycle management
- 3+ years working with various security technologies
- Master’s degree
- Privacy, security, and risk management certifications, e.g., CIPT, CIPP, CDPSE, CRISC, CGEIT, CISSP, CISM, CRMA
- Prior information security and risk management experience in a Fortune 100 company
- Knowledge of application, network, and operating system security controls
- Knowledge of data analytics, Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with information security risk assessments and audit
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization including technical as well as non-technical audiences
- Familiar with Information Security laws and regulations
- Familiar with Information Security control frameworks and implementation
- Great customer service skills
- Detail oriented, organized, methodical, follow up skills with an analytical thought process
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.