In execution, we’re directly responsible for the equipment from the time it is qualified at the OEM through startup plus 1 year. This includes equipment qualification at the OEM, shipping, install, power-on, debug, issue resolution, documentation and deliverables, and meeting launch metrics. Our team is responsible for the process controls development and execution of manufacturing systems that support electric drive unit, battery assembly, and battery cell projects that will produce EV products that will power the automobiles of the future.
- Coordinating activity with IT and plant controls in support of installation, debug, runoff, and PPAP of equipment to manufacture Lithium Ion Batteries.
- Lead the plant floor controls validation and issue resolution for the BEV3 Battery program
- Assisting with runoff checklists at OEM, completing in plant, capturing OEM issues and assisting with their closure
- Safety Validations (Including 3rd party), SOP, TIS and MPS/SCS Placard for green tags
- Perform continuous improvement as needed on fault logic, traceability, developing corrective actions with the goal of closure of all ME open issues for Launch Deliverables
- 7+ Years Automotive Engineering Experience [Plant and/or Execution]
- Experience with Rockwell Automation or Siemens PLC and HMI's
- Fanuc Robot programming experience
- Machine Vision system experience
- Program Install / Launch / Ramp Experience
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment [Problem Solving / Debug]
- Understanding of Pneumatic, Mechanical, and Control drawings.
- Ability and willingness to travel to learn / train; travel for OEM qualification and / or plant support.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.