As a Financial Analyst within the Corporate Accounting Consolidation team you will play a key role in the consolidation of total company results and related projects. Work involves a high level of independent judgment, accuracy, creativity, and initiative.
- Perform consolidation procedures for monthly/quarterly accounting close, providing support to regional consolidation and functional teams.
- Prepare and analyze consolidating journal entries, considering further implications in the Country of Sales and Consolidation process
- Identify, interpret, and analyze potential accounting risks and issues.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting and financial reporting standards (GAAP), SEC rules and regulations as well as FASB Statements and other related standards.
- Provide support for Internal and External (SEC) reporting
- Perform financial analysis on monthly results and special transactions, including Country of Sales allocations validations.
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Provide internal consultation and decision support
- Develop and presents data to other members of the organization
- Lead and/or support global/regional accounting initiatives. This role will actively collaborate with other teams for EV reporting testing and reporting
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group. The role is one of the main contacts for ad-hoc requests and questions regarding Country of Sales allocations and other Consolidation procedures
- Work with external auditors Ernst & Young (EY) and GM SOX Core Team
- College degree with major in accounting or business administration or equivalent experience/ training
- CPA certification preferred
- 2-7 years finance/accounting experience including combination of public/private
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient personal computer skills and technology driven
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Experience/strong knowledge of Hyperion financial systems
- Corporate consolidation experience
- Knowledge of Country of Sale
- Big 4 accounting experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.