You will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Experience leading some or all of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and technologies used for coding, debugging, and testing applications
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or configuration
- Integration of software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets standards
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability
- Estimate and design work that is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Quickly design, develop, delegate, and deliver new code
- Evaluate technologies and develop quick prototypes.
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work
- Report status of assigned software development and maintenance tasks
- Mentor junior-level developers to become better contributing team members, including coaching, code reviews, and best-practice development.
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and architects to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Strong command of Java
- Experience with Spring Boot and Spring Framework
- Familiarity with SOAP and the development of RESTful services
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Microservices architecture
- Relational databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of Angular or preferably ReactJS
- Knowledge Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes, Redis, Docker, CI/CD
- Microsoft TFS / VSTS / DevOps, Git
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.