This position reports to the Director, Integrated Vehicles Business Development, of GM Defense LLC. The Senior Manager is responsible for Integrated Vehicles business development, with a principal focus on the Army and SOF customer account. Responsibilities include identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, building/maintaining Army and SOF (and other Services as identified) customer relationships and participation in Integrated Vehicle pursuits.
- Support the Director, Business Development for Integrated Vehicles in the identification, development and pursuit of Integrated Vehicles for the Army and SOF customer account (and other Service accounts, as identified). Execute Integrated Vehicles portions of the GM Defense Long Term Plan and Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Meet or exceed specified AOP and long-range goals and objectives related to Integrated Vehicles for the Army/SOF customer.
- Develop and sustain strong customer relationships with Army and SOF customers;
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Perform the same for other Service customers opportunities, as identified.
- Support GM Defense International Team activities regarding Defense Department processes for Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales
- Understand and help guide the development of solutions to customer capability requirements/gaps, in accordance with GM Defense objectives and product line strategies
- Assist in establishing, communicating, and managing Integrated Vehicles Business Development priorities.
- Proactive member of the Integrated Vehicle Team, making sound, effective, and data-driven decisions.
- Adaptive member of the team under conditions of shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Assist in Managing Integrated Vehicle Business Development Team budget.
- Ensure adherence to GM Company and GM Defense policies and processes. Document and share best practices across Company
- Key participant in Capture/Proposal activities for approved opportunities Pursuit Decisions, Bid/No Bid gates and Formal Pursuit Management Review meetings.
- Must be persuasive, have excellent people skills, be able to motivate and provide leadership to diverse groups, and be willing and able to commit time and effort to a high change, fast paced and demanding business environment
- An effective communicator who speaks with confidence and through action, gains the respect of an established management team
- Must be a self-starting, hands-on, “roll-up-the-sleeves” person with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who can work with people at all levels
- Must be a team player
- Mature, experienced former Army and/or SOF customer with a minimum of 20 years experience. Prefer some business development experience in industry.
- Experience in strategic and campaign planning, preferably including development of business campaigns, Capture Plans and pursuit efforts.
- Extensive experience working with senior Army/SOF executive leaders (direct knowledge of and experience with customers, culture, buying processes, etc).
- Experienced and comfortable operating in a fast paced, high tech environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and analytical skills.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Principle-based decision maker that gets the respect, trust and confidence of peers and subordinates.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Direct experience identifying and leading the capture of unrestricted prime opportunities and/or strategic subcontracting opportunities through small and large business partnerships within the federal DoD market
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); and demonstrated understanding of all contract types (e.g., multiple and single award ID/IQ, OTAs, etc.) and payment types (e.g., FFP, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M).
- A current security clearance is preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.