This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis
The Chief Data and Analytics Office is responsible for identifying, leading, and realizing value creating products and services enabled using data and technology. The Strategic Data Transformation team is responsible for delivering and stewarding a modern data vision for data centricity and the capabilities necessary to achieving GM’s digital transformation and customer centric growth strategy. The Senior Manager of Strategic Data Transformation leads the Enterprise Information Strategy, Architecture, and Data Governance functions and strategic communications for all CDAO’s Global Data Solutions.
The role has significant cross-functional and cross-business impacts and requires strong collaborative leadership across multiple organizations. The individual will need to be recognized as a trustworthy advisor in modern data architecture, cloud technology transformation, data governance, information design and strategic portfolio management, and be respected by leaders across both business and technology groups.
This role will spearhead aspects of cultural change. It will direct efforts to recognize the value of GM data as information to be fully realized as a core business asset in the aspiration of GM’s corporate vision and stated strategic objectives. This role will oversee the development of GM’s Enterprise Data Strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders and support the implementation of strategic business initiatives including GM’s transformation to the Microsoft Azure cloud. This role will interact with Senior Divisional Business and IT leaders on a regular basis and clearly communicate and demonstrate the value of Enterprise Information Strategy, Architecture and Data Governance to their respective organizations.
How you will impact GM - Key Responsibilities for the role:
- Develop and steward GM’s Enterprise Data Strategy
- Oversee the creation of an Enterprise Information Architecture (IA) capabilities framework
- Oversee the creation of an Enterprise Data Governance (DG) Strategy
- Lead transformation and implementation of data strategy, IA and DG in the cloud, including application to AI/ML solutions
- Proactively identify and solve the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of GM’s Enterprise Data Strategy
- Drive the notion of reusable data assets and promote data as an asset
- Develop and recommend new concepts, technologies, services, processes, or products to address future customer requirements within information, data, and analytics
- Develop strategies and objectives for and/or lead highly visible or risky projects that have significant company impact
- Drive investment decisions with a mindset to optimize total cost of ownership and delivered business value
- Support the creation of a common and well managed set of strategic data transformation practices covering the disciplines of Data Governance, Information Architecture, data integration and much more.
- Help define and own the management of a defined enterprise operating model addressing the incorporation of Information Architecture and Data Governance processes throughout the enterprise
- Prepare and deliver executive level briefings and communicate complex topics effectively to a diverse executive audience
Skills / Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree (Ideally in quantitative/qualitative Business discipline).
- 10+ years’ experience spanning data and IT disciplines including data strategy, data governance, data architecture, business architecture, information architecture
- 7+ years in a management role
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technology including proven success with transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrix organization, managing cross-divisional initiatives, and cross-functional teams in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including executive management, business leaders, IT peers, and colleagues worldwide.
- Strategic thinker, with demonstrated ability to work in a broad and top-down manner with a fair amount of ambiguity at the center.
- Results-orientation with the proven ability and reputation for developing plans and implementing them successfully.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – able to effectively communicate complex concepts in simple ways.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, focused leader who with little direction can fill in the gaps as to what is needed, and drive expected results.
- The salary range for compensation is ($145,000- $180,332). It could be filled with a Senior level or Executive level candidate and salary can be based on degree type and experience
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance. Benefits:
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.