Work is of a complex technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general practices, policies and standards. Work involves complex manufacturing problems including the need to efficiently troubleshoot equipment and implement permanent corrective solutions. Responsible for equipment related to the manufacturing process. Use of independent judgment required. May involve training others and assigning work to a small group of employees.
- Design, analyzes and implements product or machinery designs for best method for manufacturing processes
- Proposes and evaluates the processes for equipment in assigned area
- Directs the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes for assigned area
- Regular contact with others outside the work group including leading cross-functional teams
- Provides direction to small group of technical employees
- Responsible to evaluate or monitor expenditures for processes and/or equipment
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- Knowledge of GPS assembly systems and processes
- Work in a Team Environment to understand Products, processes and Failure Modes
- Work on continuous improvement of existing systems, finding innovative ways to improve throughput and maintain robust error-proofing
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results• Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in managing large and complex projects
- College degree with major in engineering or equivalent training/experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.