Note: This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed.
About the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Service Automation IT team:
The team are responsible for developing products and services that directly support driving DevOps and Site Reliability Practices in the General Motors private Cloud ecosystem. The team’s focus is on transitioning Cloud development to a service led model, frictionless delivery model with full tool chaining integrated with DevOps Pipelines, SRE Error budget management, TDD, CI/CD, Mono Repositories, balanced team structures, containers, Docker and Kubernetes, Scaled Agile, etc. If you are looking to work with cutting edge technology with industry led DevOps practice and be a part of an innovative team – this position may be for you.
- You have demonstrated success in software project delivery experience in leading technical efforts developing applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies
- Demonstrate mastery of many programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Strong Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- You engage in the remediation of software issues related to code/solutions quality and/or security
- Possess technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviours. Models GM behaviours and builds a winning culture.
- At least 5-7 years of professional software development experience
- Excellent technical knowledge in one or more software programming languages (Python, Java, Frontend Development: Angular, React)
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
- Experience with high throughput messaging systems
- Big Data and related knowledge/experience (HDFS, Cassandra, Apache Storm, Spark, Elastic)
- Demonstrated knowledge of database modelling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software teams with metrics-based approaches to development of highly complex and critical systems.
- Experience with Cloud platforms: Azure, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker and containers
- Experience as a full stack developer
- Demonstrated knowledge of Azure API Management would be a distinct advantage,
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.