What Is GM's Infotainment & Connectivity All About?
The Infotainment & Connectivity organization develops the technologies enabling a new generation of groundbreaking connected vehicles worldwide. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, by creating vehicles that move humanity toward GM’s vision. The capabilities of our infotainment systems are the key link between the vehicle and it’s occupants.
- Advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems in both functionality and design.
- Developing appealing intuitive systems in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Wowing the customer visually & audibly by augmenting driver awareness, improving occupant safety, and elevating the traveler experience.
- Using digital data to enable smarter car sharing programs and provide secure over-the-air offerings.
Why Join GM's Infotainment & Connectivity Team?
We are revolutionizing the vehicle driving experience! Our inclusive team, is made up of forward-thinking Engineers who develop innovative hardware and software solutions where new insights are embraced. Our connected vehicles are the new frontier and the race is on to deliver engaging, meaningful infotainment and in-vehicle experiences.
- Providing secure connectivity that bridges the vehicle with the rest of the world.
- Designing the hardware electronics and communication protocols that enable the features and services generated by our groundbreaking Ultify platform.
- Bringing studio designs visions to life by leading the development of the vehicle’s customer facing components; from the interactive displays, to virtual controls to media content enjoyed in the cockpit of car.
- Developing software that connects the technology provided by phone and media providers allowing vehicle owners to bring their digital ecosystem with them and providing the next generation in-vehicle experience.
What You Do
Connected Ecosystem Integration employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an "untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
The Senior Software Developer role requires a strong foundation in software development, support, data structures and databases. The Software Developer will work on an agile team of experienced developers and architects that ensures designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. The Software Developer will be involved from sprint planning and see development through deployment. Experience working with SAFe methodologies is a plus. The individual in this role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Software Developer at GM.
What You Need
- 5+ years’ experience in delivering web services with Spring Framework using Spring boot, Hibernate and Micro services
- 5+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, PCF, Kubernetes, Weblogic is preferred 5+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) especially using Agile methodologies. SAFe experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Good to have – SQL/ Oracle, SQL database-stored procedures and isolation levels, JPA, Web Services (SOAP and/or REST) and XML
- Who You Are
- 4-year College/Master's degree preferably in computer science, software engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in the business environment
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code reviews in
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.