Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this bold goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a detailed and passionate Software Engineer/Developer to join us in our mission! As a Software Engineer/Developer in SDV, your responsibilities include understanding and implementation of the use cases, software design execution and software verification (unit testing/ software integration testing, etc.). This individual will develop vehicle abstraction layer and feature applications for Software Defined Vehicles (SDV). We particularly focus using modern software techniques to design optimized software in service-oriented architecture (SOA) based on model-based system design. This includes the following:
- Design and Develop applications in C++/Kotlin on Android/Linux.
- Build software for vehicle level functions and perform integration and verification testing with minimal direction of lead engineers.
- Performs design and analysis on changes.
- Diagnose, Debug and resolve issues related to vehicle hardware and software.
- Supply common solutions across all GM in-house controllers.
- Document requirements for design solutions and link them to test cases that can demonstrate software functionality.
- Use automated test tools in build environments, benches, and vehicles to verify functionality at the Function, Controller and System level.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated technical and professional skills in Java, C++, Kotlin or related software design, development, and testing
- Experience designing and developing apps and services using SDK for Android
- Experience designing and developing apps, services using one or more protocols
- Experience designing and developing applications using SOA Framework
- Master’s degree in a related technical field
- Experience with microcontroller architecture, electronic control systems, embedded system development
- Knowledge and experience with CAN, LIN or Ethernet communications protocol
- Experience with GIT/source code management, CI/CD development, open source SW development/contributor
- Experience with cloud Development using Azure, Amazon, or Google
- Experience in cloud/Edge Hosting of services and Apps. Interoperability of Apps, services between cloud and Data centers
- Knowledge of data science, data analytic tools, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Compensation: This position may be filled with a mid-level (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $97,980)” OR “This position may be filled with a Sr. level candidate (the median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,756).
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.