Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Engineering build events at the Pontiac PPO/Fuel Cell Lab, Electric Motor Lab, BSL, TBO, Battery, Transmission, Engine, and EDU Assembly Plant.
- Lead/support procurement of prototype electrical/mechanical test tooling, equipment, and complementing installation/debug
- Work collaboratively with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Area Leads and others to address build issues.
- Provide lessons learned to TIEs and others.
- Support a cross-functional engineering team in the development and refinement of the production electrical test process and the execution of the procurement of the assembly equipment & tooling and installation, debug and launch.
- Develop production assembly testing processes, layout concepts, and continue with refinement as the process transitions to the Execution phase.
- Lead in the development of the test system SORs and complementing buy-off checklist.
- Work with equipment supplier in the design, assembly and buy-off of a production-capable system.
- Work with installation team in installation, debug and buy-off of equipment in the plant.
- Support plant build events and document/resolve build issues.
- Execute peer reviews and ensure completion of closed loop learning to Global TIEs.
Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple testing projects at multiple locations across all of the global propulsion center products with a high level of accountability.
- Development of specifications and experience working on electrical test systems
- Knowledge of electrical testing systems, data acquisition, and data analysis of production components
- Ability to understand testing control drawings and auto cad
- Understanding of machine and product controls architecture
- Work with product engineering and ME teams to develop testing protocols and critical build verification criteria in a production/lab environment
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours (early morning, late evenings and some weekends and holidays).
- Preferred experiences include: Electrical Test Stand, Controls Experience, Transmission/Engine Test, Battery, Power Inverter, Electric Motor Systems Knowledge , and Fuel Cell
3+ Years Engineering Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering is required
- Willingness to travel globally to production and lab facilities as required
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.