Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Are you searching for a unique position that we will not only work hands-on writing software or solutions but will drive the underlying design and architecture supporting those solutions? This exciting opportunity will give to all development activities that align with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
You will advise software developers and will approve the software being developed and deployed in their domain.
Full lifecycle System development using standard design patterns/frameworks.
You will experience designing software or solution architecture in accordance with GM standards and industry standard methodologies
The Launch and Deploy Software Deployment Team is a DevOps team that is responsible for the execution of all application releases in the manufacturing environment, including installation of new instances and IT required configuration. Recently the organization is expanding to establish an engineering team to focus on ASRS standardization and integration with existing IT applications and ASRS product. This team will serve as the single point of contact for business to other IT functional teams on ASRS engagement, lead and drive IT integration standards for GM purchased ASRS product, deliver reliable and secure IT network and infrastructure services that meet IT standard and create standard integration protocols and solution to accelerate new ASRS integration with MES systems, in addition, partner with Manufacturing Engineering department and plants on ASRS product selection, implementation and integration.
The Senior Solution architect positions in this team will be the trusted senior staff to the manager, they play critical decision maker role on solutions, they will be expected to contribute to/weigh-in on strategic decisions relating to the team and support the manager in understanding and executing the agreed upon strategic direction. They are responsible for designing and developing integration standard, processes and solutions for any selected 3rd party ASRS product in GM in support of Launch and Deploy programs. This is a diverse location team operating within multiple states, so occasional travel may be required. They will be expected to interface with various levels of leadership in multiple different IT organizations including Operations, Global Infrastructure, and Development along with various business organizations including Engineering, Vehicle Systems, and Manufacturing Plants.
The senior solution architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
The architect is able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost-effective application of GM approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
The architect is a technical leadership level architect position. The architect is expected to have multi-discipline expertise and capabilities required of an architect and a strong practically based working knowledge of various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes.
The architect is capable of working with without direct supervision to develop multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
The architect will also contribute to the definition of GM IT technology direction, standards and roadmaps across one or more business or technical domains.
Participates in defining solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements.
Comprehends documentation of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
Contributes to the development and/or review of future state application architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
- Understands and applies architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
- Promotes and contributes to the integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across the assigned architectural layers.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business-driven solution.
- Work with teams to understand constraints of hardware when relating to the application
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required
- Over 10+ years of business process, hands on systems and development experience in large enterprises
- In-depth Technical knowledge in the following:
- Software design
- API Service Design
- Database design
- Systems architecture
- Cloud Architecture
Knowledge of all and Mastery of many of the following product/technologies:
- Frameworks: Express, Angular, Spring, .NET, Rails, React, NodeJS
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL Programming, Performance Tuning, Data warehouses/ETL tools, Relational/OLAP Data Modelling
- Web Application Servers: TomCat, IIS, WebLogic
- Other: Docker Container, Kubernetes, IIB, PowerBI, Tableau, Mobile Development, Oracle SOA,
- Development Environments: IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Visual Code
- Major Standards: AJAX, JSON, .NET
- OS: Ubuntu, Linux, UNIX, Windows, VMware, Android, iOS
- Tools: Team Foundation Server, Selenium, BitBucket, Rally, Jenkins, Sonar. Fortify,
- Methodologies: SAFe, Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative
- Network: LAN/WAN/CAN/WiFi/RF
- Storage/BUR: EMC
- Services – LDAP/AD/NIS/License/CIFS
- Client - O/S, VDI – Xen, Citrix
- Test - V&V: Gomez/Dynatrace, HP/QC
ake Mecalux or Pallet Shuttle
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
Expert knowledge of Microservice architecture, Application Design and Integration Patterns, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, systems security technology, Business Process Management technologies, multi-threaded programming, Application Frameworks
- Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for various types of conveyor systems, especially ASRS/AGV/AGC material handling systems
- 5+ years of hand-on experience developing integration solutions with ASRS product from Viastore, Interl
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.