This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed
We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities
About the Role
First Mile / Future Products works as a technology arm of GM's Innovation business. As a First Mile / Future Products Senior Solutions Architect, you will also be responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of all architecture components for your systems. You will be hands-on and lead various architectural initiatives.
Additionally, you possess the ability to look across the assigned domains to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives. This role will also ensure there is appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications and components. In this diverse team, you will bring your expertise for mastering all the capabilities required of a solutions architect.
You will bring your knowledge of architectural patterns, technologies, and architecture management processes. While you work within the First Mile / Future Products team, you will also mentor and advise less experienced solutions architects and developers to deliver world class technology innovations.
Interested in moving at a rapid pace, engage in multiple projects and exploring cutting-edge technologies, then this might be the position you have been looking for!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the definition of current and future state solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of vital technical components to build solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements for the Asset Management, Heritage and eCommerce product areas.
- Familiar with how to integrate disparate systems using GM standards and industry leading patterns.
- Recognize and comprehend the implications of technology decisions and recommendations across multiple domain areas.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
- Experience with next.js, React, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Azure technologies, Pulsar and can guide a dev team through it.
- Drive innovation and adoption of new design paradigms and technologies.
- Introduce technology innovation opportunities across the GM enterprise.
- Guide, coach and mentor team members with approaches that are consistent with GM cultural values.
- Demonstrated ability in large scale data integration implementations
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional software development experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with RDBMS, such as MS SQL, Postgres, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Big Data technologies
- Working experience in Talend Data Integration Tool preferred
- ETL and data manipulation techniques
- Optimization of database queries for a specific project, including interaction with end user query developers to design and improve database queries
- Demonstrated experience in the design and building of performance customer facing applications at scale
- Solid understanding of design patterns and software development best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment, SAFe experience preferred
- Experience with gRPC, Yugabyte and GraphQL preferred
- CRM / ERP experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar software
- Deployment, integration and migration experience with eCommerce software solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of cross-platform mobile/web app development is strongly preferred
- Python, Oracle, Prosgres, SQL or PL/SQL
- Apache Airflow (or other), Apache Pulsar/Kafka, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash Kibana)
- Big Data technologies, with tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Spark, Python, Apache NiFi, Prometheus, Grafana and Parquet.
- Data integration platforms, tools and techniques such as Talend, DataStage, Pentaho, etc.
- System monitoring and validation, with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus
- Containerization concepts, deployed with Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Java/Spring Boot, microservice architecture, cloud native application development and angular/react
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.