This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
The main focus of the SharePoint Developer will be building and configuring SharePoint based internal websites using web UI or SharePoint Designer and developing code for SharePoint. The right candidate will be responsible for developing applications around the core concepts of business process management, work flow management, teamwork, and content management.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements and working closely with stakeholders and IT Management.
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows.
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server 2019.
- Ongoing support for applications, designing, and customizing SharePoint solutions.
- Planning and implementing software version upgrade releases, troubleshooting, and debugging SharePoint sites.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing innovative and practical ideas and solutions in a partnership environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards.
- Assist with maintaining GM standards compliance.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GM's values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing (automated) and debugging applications/solutions in one or more software languages at a basic skill level
- Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code or solutions and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software or solutions with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software or solution
- Work closely with more experienced developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
Core Skills Needed:
The candidate should have at least 8 years working experience in Three (3) or more of the following application development areas:
· .NET Framework
· SharePoint Server
· SQL Server
· Web Services
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.