General Motor is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. Our Vehicle Motion Embedded Controls (VMEC) team is on the forefront of this work, emboldening our culture by seeking out driven, innovative individuals who will join our team to help move us forward and achieve our mission!
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated candidates for the role of SIL SIE (Software-in-the-Loop Simulation Integration Engineer) to support our Test Environment Agile Release Train (TExiL ART). If you're looking for a balance of technical and project leadership, as well as the ability to think outside the box to find simple yet exciting solutions is paramount...then this is the job for you!
As a Controller Integration SIL SIE, you will play a critical role in creating virtual simulation environments (Test Environment ART), to enable verification and validation of embedded controllers for hybrid, electrification, engine, transmission, chassis, and intelligent brake controls. You would be a great candidate if you have a passion for virtualization, an adept knowledge of hardware and software integrated systems, and a demonstrated capability to handle a wide variety of technical and customer needs. Acting as a SIL SIE, you will be part of an Agile team in the Test Environment xiL ART, working very closely with Plant Model engineers, Tools team, and internal development teams, to integrate and deliver simulation environments on time and with quality.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with software development, calibration, and validation partners to identify requirements, schedule, and deploy SIL simulation projects
- Engage with multi-functional team members to coordinate on-time delivery of simulation components to meet requirements and timing
- Integrate plant models and other ECU models with controller software source code and perform virtual system verification based on requirements
- Evaluate, parametrize, and tune the test environment based on system requirements and calibrations
- Perform simulation correlation activities based on experimental data
- Create, maintain, and improve standard simulation architectures
- Provide technical support for released simulations, including detailed documentation, and assist users with testing and troubleshooting
- Design, develop, verify, and execute automated test suites
- Perform test environment correlation activities based on experimental data
- Work closely with modeling teams to make sure that common models and other simulation assets are shared between test environments (i.e., SIL, vHIL, HIL) and different domains and architectures
- Assist initiatives to benchmark and adopt next-generation simulation technology and tools
- Identify, implement, and help standardize new simulation development processes of engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical)
- Minimum 2+years of relevant engineering experience, with some experience focused on virtual simulation and testing
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink in context of plant model development and integration and basic usage of additional simulation tools
- Familiarity of additional simulation tools (e.g. GT Suite, CarSim, Amesim, etc.)
- Familiarity with embedded controls software and the automated software build processes, including gcc compiler, gdb debugger, Eclipse, and ETAS INCA measurement and calibration tools
- Familiarity with automotive communication technologies such as CAN, LIN, and SPI
- Familiarity in computer programming languages including C/C++
- Experience and comfortable with leading large and/or difficult projects with high levels of ambiguity
- Vehicle propulsion system-level knowledge
- Excels in the following GM Competencies: Customer Focus, Innovation, Collaboration & Teamwork, Solves Problems & Analyzes Issues, Drives for Result
- Master’s degree in engineering (E.g. Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical)
- Demonstrated leadership and success in software-in-the-loop (SIL) or hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) methodology development & deployment
- Experience with development of advanced technology
- Experience with software integration verification and validation
- Experience as a Controls, Software, or Calibration Engineer
- Experience executing a production vehicle program (in any role)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.