What Is GM's Infotainment & Connectivity All About?
The Infotainment & Connectivity organization develops the technologies enabling a new generation of groundbreaking connected vehicles worldwide. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, by creating vehicles that move humanity toward GM’s vision. The capabilities of our infotainment systems are the key link between the vehicle and it’s occupants.
- Advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems in both functionality and design.
- Developing appealing intuitive systems in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Wowing the customer visually & audibly by augmenting driver awareness, improving occupant safety, and elevating the traveler experience.
- Using digital data to enable smarter car sharing programs and provide secure over-the-air offerings.
Why Join GM's Infotainment & Connectivity Team?
We are revolutionizing the vehicle driving experience! Our inclusive team, is made up of forward-thinking Engineers who develop innovative hardware and software solutions where new insights are embraced. Our connected vehicles are the new frontier and the race is on to deliver engaging, meaningful infotainment and in-vehicle experiences.
- Providing secure connectivity that bridges the vehicle with the rest of the world.
- Designing the hardware electronics and communication protocols that enable the features and services generated by our groundbreaking Ultify platform.
- Bringing studio designs visions to life by leading the development of the vehicle’s customer facing components; from the interactive displays, to virtual controls to media content enjoyed in the cockpit of car.
- Enable today’s vehicle owners to bring their digital ecosystem along for the ride thru software developed in-house that that bridges the technology provided by phone and media providers for the next generation in-vehicle experience.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers, product team, stakeholders, UX experts, and the android platform engineering team to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading teams and providing guidance to more junior developers.
- You will be challenged to learn new things, use new technology, understand complex relationship with back office systems, and participate in the Infotainment and HMI community
- Provide thought leadership in embedded systems engineering and bring your passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Carefully and thoroughly document designs using industry standard practices, including DFMEAs for all designs and products.
- Collaborate with other architecture organizations to establish unified and intelligent designs, robust interactions, and minimal code footprint required to deliver features.
- Do all this in a way that respects teamwork, diversity of opinion, and which maintains GM core values.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin, Android SDK and Java.
- Expertise in designing testable software and building large scale, complex Android applications.
- 5 years of building automotive grade software.
- Knowledge in many vehicle systems, including Navigation, Voice/Virtual Assistants, Connected Ecosystems, and Telematics
- Familiarity with toolsets to interact, manipulate, and log on connected vehicles, such as NeoVI tools, DPS tools, ADB, and many others.
What Is Even Better:
- A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Continuous delivery
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Previous experience designing complex technical solutions for connected vehicle ecosystems on Android software platforms
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.