This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
As General Motors pursues our Purpose to “Pioneer the innovations that move and connect people to what matters”, an additional opportunity within our emerging team has become available. This position is scoped to assess the understanding of development costs of software developed by GM’s suppliers within the Advanced Vehicle Technology Cost (AVTC) group. This position also supports the future relative to Software Defined Vehicle currently being architected and executed at GM.
This position requires experience in software development and respective costs along with a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and executive presence.
- Responsible for estimating software development costs for design, testing and validation of component/system designs from inception to production – these costs are typically captured within a supplier’s ED&D
- Analysis will require an understanding of the tasks and effort associated with the design and development of electronic modules/components
- Ultimately, this individual will be responsible for determining market competitive compensation to the supply base in conjunction with GM Engineering and partnering with GM’s Purchasing team during supplier negotiations
- Occasional domestic and international travel to GM and supplier facilities required for enhanced costing collaboration
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Software Engineering/ Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in software development and leading cost estimates for a variety of automotive solutions (e.g., ADAS, Battery management systems, connected car, Autonomous drive systems etc.)
- Experience with leading engineering teams with Automotive embedded software development.
- Highly capable to create cost models for new technologies and manufacturing processes
- Other general skills include software algorithm design, software performance tuning, software design, software debugging, software development fundamentals, software documentation, and software testing
- Has a long-term vision, anticipates what is coming, works through uncertainty & unknown areas that are rapidly developing/changing
- Vehicle Development Process experience
- Software design optimization experience
- Supplier and project management experience
- SW engineering management experience
- Experience working internationally
Compensation : The median level of salary compensation for this role is $113,000.
Bonus Potential : An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits : GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.